Compliance Dialogue: The Case of Glencore
For business participants only
Time & Location
26 Jun 2023, 15:00 – 17:00
Haus der Wirtschaft, Zürich, Hegibachstrasse 47, 8032 Zürich, Switzerland
About the event
This compliance dialogue meeting serves the purpose of information and dialogue on Glencore’s Ethics & Compliance programme in relation to the recent resolutions. Guiding questions include:
- What was the cause of the investigations and what compliance programme was in place at the time?
- Where does Glencore stand today and what measures have been taken to prevent future misconduct?
- How have the investigations impacted the further development of the Compliance programme?
- What learnings can be shared considering the company’s operational footprint is often situated in challenging business environments?
This invite is for a confidential dialogue. Business participants of the UN Global Compact Network Switzerland & Liechtenstein (excluding consultancies and NGOs) are invited to listen and contribute with their own constructive critical feedback and experience. The aim of the dialogue is to share learnings from misconduct and to discuss approaches to prevent similar mistakes for GCNSL participating companies in the future.
15:00 Introduction & presentation of the Glencore case (Shaun Teichner, General Counsel | Dan Silver, Head of Compliance)
- Investigations and resolutions
- Glencore’s Ethics and Compliance programme
- Independent compliance monitors
15:45 Dialogue, sharing & learning
- Moderation: Antonio Hautle, UN Global Compact Network Switzerland & Liechtenstein
16:45 Conclusions and wrap-up
Find more information here.
Please note, this Dialogue meeting is for GCNSL business participants only. Non-business participants may be invited upon request.