Key Embeddedness Indicator: A new tool to determine a company's contribution to SDG 8
Time & Location
25 Jun 2021, 14:00 – 15:00 CEST
About the event
This event is organized by the Global Compact Network Switzerland & Liechtenstein in collaboration with the Center for Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability CCRS at the University of Zurich.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations emphasize the role of business in enabling global sustainable change. Yet, the argumentation about the specific contribution of business to the UN SDGs often remains rather vague.
CCRS and its partners in the private sector, academia and civil society are currently developing a rating tool that aims to capture the intended and unintended contributions of business to UN SDG 8 on inclusive and sustainable change and the creation of decent work. Since the demand for more inclusiveness is articulated in many other SDGs, a rating tool to assess the effective and concrete corporate contribution to UN SDG 8 may provide an empirical foundation to a more balanced, differentiated and informed debate about the value of private sector participation in global partnerships to achieve Agenda 2030.
· to learn about the content and methodology of the rating tool
· to become familiar with concrete examples
· to hear testimonials from company representatives
· to discuss the value of the rating tool in enabling a change in the overall narrative
14:00 Welcome address by Phillipp Aerni (Director of CCRS) & Antonio Hautle (CEO of GCNSL)
14:10 Introduction to the rating tool and its application by Isabelle Schluep, Gloria Luzzani, Lia Ferrini (CCRS project team)
14:30 Panel Discussion moderated by Antonio Hautle with:
- Urs Jaisli, Former Chief Compliance Officer of Roche
- Robert Itschner, Country Managing Director ABB Switzerland
- Raju Adhikari, Business Integration Lead, Strategy and Innovation Global Health and Corporate Responsibility at Novartis
- Charles Yu, Head of Sustainability for ABB in China (video testimony)
14:55 Closing Remarks, Valérie Berset Bircher, Ambassador, Head International Labour Affairs, State Secretariat for Economic Affairs
15:00 End of webinar
This event is open to anyone interested and is free of charge.
Download the slidedeck
Access the recording